11 days into the New Year, Bollywood celebrities are out with the old and in with their new purchases. Our homegirls are back, and tagging along with them is our wishlist. Y’all know that a host of leading ladies flew off to exotic locations for their New Year vacations. Celebrities, when they travel, they shop, and if they splurge, flaunt they must. The last ten days have been a low-key celebration of designer indulgence that saw pricey bags and couture labels. Here’s looking at the most expensive merchandise so far, brought to you by the deep pocketed.
1. Desi Kendall Jenner Janhvi Kapoor’s designer cred hit an all-time-high last week. The millennial icon was seen carrying an Off-White sling. For the uninitiated, Off-White is a fast-indie brand favoured by top-notch influencers. The monochrome bag comes with the brand’s signature industrial belt, and will set you back by Rs 59,000 approximately.
2. Queen of the whole damn universe, Aishwarya Rai brought out her Christian Louboutin heels to play. For a date night, the mother of one strutted in black tie-up heels. Meet Crafted Douce Du Desert pumps that feature “self-ties that wrap delicately around the ankle.” You will need to set aside Rs 58,000 approximately for these beauties.
3. Deepika Padukone was spotted jetsetting with a gorgeous denim jacket hung casually across her sculpted shoulders. The biker-style jacket is a creation of Parisian brand Claudie Pierlot. If it’s any consolation, the badass jacket is selling at half price, at a measly (LOL) sum of INR 18,000 approximately.
4. Rumoured bride-to-be Sonam Kapoor was papped at the airport too, for what we believe could be a trousseau shopping trip. For her airport look, she carried a millennial-pink Gucci handbag. We suspect it’s a new addition (or a gift from beau Anand Ahuja?). You are looking at a damage of INR 63,000 for a small-sized tote.
5. What is celeb style without a Hermès sighting? Shilpa Shetty did the needful by carrying her rather roomy Birkin. The iconic bag covered most of her torso, in case you wish to get into the details about the size of the bag. The brand is rather elusive when it comes to marketing but a basic style comes at a savings-engulfing INR 6,00,000.
Picture Credits: Thinkstock/Getty Images, Viral Bhayani