It’s almost time for back to school (which means it’s time to watch these epic BTS films), and if you’ve been too busy organizing your kids’ closets to get around to checking school supplies off the list just quite yet, not to worry — there’s still plenty of time to make them, like Tia Mowry did when she crafted her son an entire backpack. There are also plenty of other things the childless among us can make, like the delectable-looking 15-minute stew that former The Hills star Lo Bosworth whipped up, or the DIY jewelry holder Molly Sims showed off over on her blog. And let’s not even get into Tiffani Thiessen’s special brownies (no, not THAT kind of special, lol). Check out these and five more of the best celeb DIYs of the week below!
1. Tia Mowry: This former Sister, Sister star proved herself the coolest mom ever when she forwent the tired character backpacks every kid at school was likely to have for a super rad, homemade shark bag for son, Cree. “Watch my son Cree and myself make shark backpacks!” she writes. “Perfect for the park, snacks and quite frankly a good time! #artsandcrafts.” Looking good, guys!
2. Molly Sims: Molly showed off this awesome (and colorful!) jewelry holder, writing, “These simple #diy trays are a perfect way to organize and display your jewels.” Find out how she made it step-by-step over on her blog right now.
3. Lo Bosworth: This perfectly plated stew that Lo Bosworth created looks straight out of a food magazine! “I made this chicken, tomato and white bean stew in 15 minutes for lunch today and it’s DELICIOUS. And healthy. Gluten and dairy-free.” A girl after our own hearts!
4. Sarah Michelle Gellar: SMG went all out for #NationalIceCreamSandwichDay, whipping up these little @foodstirs chocolate chip sprinkle sandwiches. “I may even save some for my kids,” she jokes. “Maybe.”
5. Salma Hayek: Salma’s garden is apparently doing so well, she’s got enough grub to fill her own farmers’ market. Er, make that her daughter Valentina’s farmers’ market! “All produced in my farm,” Salma writes.
6. Kate Hudson: Kate Hudson’s son Ryder tries his hand at photography — and we’ve gotta’ say, he’s shockingly good! Just check out this colorful snap of Kate. “A kiss for Ryder…and he caught it. #photographerinthemaking,” proud mom Kate posts.
7. Tiffani Thiessen: Tiffani shared this super sweet snap of her and her daughter making… avocado brownies?! “Recipe tasting with my girl,” Tiff says, with the hashtags “#avocadobrownie, #healthsweets, #girltime and #webothlovechocolate.” While it must be said that we’re definitely skeptical about this flavor combo, these two certainly look happy enough to be making it, and isn’t that what really counts?
Would you try an avocado brownie? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)