– Yandy.com has turned a pair of viral sneakers into a Halloween costume.
– Earlier in October, people couldn’t tell if a pair of Vans sneakers were pink and white or gray and teal.
– This was because someone took a picture of the sneakers in bad lighting.
– The costume takes the optical illusion one step further, as one sneaker is white and pink and the other is blue and gray.
– The shoes cost $53, but they are not for sale yet.
Earlier in October, the internet was divided over the true color of a pair of Vans sneakers. Due to faulty lighting, half of the people saw the shoes as pink and white and the other half saw them as gray and teal.
A version of the sneakers are now available as a costume that screams 2017 — just in time for Halloween.
A photo of the original shoe, which is actually white and pink, launched a massive debate on Twitter on October 11.
This isn’t the first time that Yandy has created a costume out of a meme. The retailer also makes a costume that references “The Dress,” which went viral in 2015 because people saw it as two different colors.
As that controversy unraveled nearly three years ago, the “What Color is This?” dress only costs $8.
Here are 12 0f the most puzzling optical illusions that have gone viral in the past few years, along with some explanations of how they work.
” height=”226″ src=”https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AArWMRo.img?h=226&w=300&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1111&y=608″ width=”300″/> The best optical illusions that went viral and stumped the internet